Latest Posts

Life's a Beach - Beauty Wish List

By April 28, 2018

Summer is a comin' (please let that be the truth - it's almost May and it's still feeling like winter) and that makes me want to update my make up bag. A few days off my work ill with a virus gave me all the time in the world to check out the new releases for summer and I am thrilled that Summer '18 is all about that beachy vibe. These babies are definitely cool for the summer...


For eyeshadows that last longer than your summer fling, Urban Decay has offered up the dreamy Beached Palette. Part of a limited edition collection that also includes gorgeous matte bronzers, metallic liners and luscious lipsticks, this palette is giving me so much life. Look at those blues! Look at that shimmery bronze! This palette absolutely nails the beach look - natural, sun-kissed but still a little pop of colour. Initially only available at Ulta, UD have confirmed on Instagram that it WILL be coming to the UK in June, so keep an eye out!


I think the Ouai's Wave Spray must be one of the most talked about launches in years. Described as a "weightless texture mist for effortless chic, undone hair", it contains rice protein to help keep the shape of your wave and promises volume and a healthy shine in addition to perfect beachy waves. As someone with hair that air dries in frizzy waves, I'll be trying this to see if it can give my natural hair some definition.


Is it even summer if you haven't got a tan? If you read my last blog post, you'll know I'm pretty serious about sun safety, so I always fake it. This tanning water makes big promises about changing the way you think about fake tan. It's vegan, cruelty free and organic. It doesn't smell like a biscuit. You don't need to wash it off. Next time I'm in Boots, I think I'll be picking up the tanning water in the peach and the green, just to get me started!

Finally, get that summer glow with Hourglass' new Vanish Highlighting Sticks. Champagne Gold (far left) is taking my fancy but all the colours are gorgeous. Their Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick is a huge success because it's so densely pigmented and these look to be just as fabulous. Slick on for a high shimmer reward that perfectly compliments your sun-kissed skin.

What summer launches are you most looking forward to? Are you feeling this beachy vibe?

You Might Also Like

0 comments