Latest Posts

2018 Goals - May Update

By May 06, 2018

At the beginning of this year, I set myself three easy goals to try and help me get the most out of the year to come. Just over four months in, I thought I'd write a quick post at how I'm getting on with them!

1. Make time for me.
I think I've done ok with this so far - most weeks I am managing to find a bit of time to do something I enjoy. Blogging has mostly been amazing. I've really enjoyed learning a bit about coding and writing about the things I love in life. I've also read so many books! Most of them when I was on holiday but I'm slowly getting back into the habit of going to bed a bit earlier and reading a few chapters. One thing I really am going to have to work a bit harder at is getting myself outside and looking after my health. I have been walking a bit more but not nearly as often as I like. Hopefully by the time I check back in, this will have improved!

2. Take more photos.
Unsurprisingly, this is still a work in progress. I definitely have taken more photos, I've even managed to enlist a (slightly begrudging) photographer and forced him to take loads of "plandid" holiday snaps! However, going through and sorting them all is a whole other matter. Editing GoPro footage has become the bane of my life. But I will persevere and see if I can upload something soon! Does anyone have any suggestions of the best video editing programmes to use with a GoPro? I hate iMovie and I'm struggling to gel with the GoPro software as well, making a tedious task all the more tedious.

3. Adopt some Marie Kondo into my life.
So the spare room has been gutted about three times but the junk just keeps on accumulating. As soon as I've cleared it out, it all just starts appearing again! I think in my mind it has become "the dumping ground" so I'll have to work to change that and start treating it like a proper bedroom, not a giant cupboard. I have got rid of a hell of a lot of stuff but there's still more to go. I was ruthless with old paperwork, anything that could be given to the charity shop, but I find it hard to just bin things and fill up a landfill.

Anyway, that's a quick update on how things are going! I'm actually pretty impressed with myself that I've not only addressed all three goals but have made a tiny bit progress with them. If anyone has any advice for me on how to do a better job of achieving them, please let me know below!

You Might Also Like

0 comments